INWES is an acronym for International Network of Women Engineers and Scientists with the goal to build a better future worldwide through full and effective participation in STEM education and developments.
INWES-ARN is an INWES African Regional Network, comprising all INWES members in Africa.
Goal of INWES-ARN:
The goal of INWES-ARN is to strengthen the capacity of African individuals, organisations and corporations through education and professional development to encourage the participation of women in STEM.
Objectives of INWES-ARN:
The main aim of INWES-ARN is to achieve the following objectives in Africa
• Increase INWES-ARN outreach of organisation in the world
• Promote the role and status of organisations for women in STEM
• Support women notably by putting them in touch with the international community of women and other associations interested in STEM in their region
• Exchange experiences and learn from one another
• Facilitate development and cooperation in common projects within the region.
• Help women who want to set up their own STEM organizations associated in their region
Members of INWES in Africa are Eligible to join INWES-ARN.
follow the link to become a member
INWES-ARN do not have a separate legal structure (i.e. not a reproduction of the parent INWES structure). We include all INWES members in Africa. ARN provides an operational platform for INWES members in Africa for collaboration, networking and organization of events. INWES-ARN could host an INWES Regional Programmes/conference and as well as Organize a Regional Events.
INWES-ARN operates within the mandate of INWES to:
• Represent INWES in every local or regional event linked to the representation of women in science and engineering , in agreement with the executive member in charge of regions and the mandate of the INWES parent organisation in the region
- June, 2019
INWES-Africa Regional Network (ARN)
Conference on Sustainability and Innovations in STEM Developments at the University of Uyo, Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria.
- Wed - Fri
- University of Uyo, Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria
THEME: Sustainable Innovations in STEM Developments: Challenges and Way ForwardSub-themes:
Agriculture and Food Security Sustainability Health, Water and Environmental Sustainability Innovations and Renewable Energy Technologies Women participation in STEM Development STEM Education Development and Sustainability Technopreneurship Information System and Communication Technologies Leadership in STEM Development CALL FOR PAPERS:
The INWES-ARN CALL FOR PAPERS WITH INDICATED SUB THEMES AND OTHER RELATED AREAS TO CONFERENCE FOCUS
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION DEADLINE:
FULL PAPER SUBMISSION DEADLINE:CONFERENCE LANGUAGE: ENGLISH & FRENCH
PUBLICATIONS: INTERNATIONAL (APA REFERENCING FORMAT)